Set it, forget it and save
Whether you’re starting a new routine this fall or getting back into an old one, consider ways to simplify saving energy and money. And an easy way to do that is with a smart thermostat.
What is a smart thermostat?
A smart thermostat is a WiFi-enabled device that adjusts your home’s temperature settings for your desired comfort. Whether you’re looking to save money while you’re away from home or working to lower your home’s energy usage, purchasing a smart thermostat is a great way to help you do both.
Not your dad’s programmable thermostat: A common misconception is that smart thermostats are just newly-designed programmable thermostats.
- Programmable thermostats do offer basic scheduling so you can save energy and money while you’re away from home, but typically offer less flexibility for your personal timing preferences
- Smart thermostats can “learn” your home’s behavior and adjust the temperature automatically; plus, you can remotely manage your thermostat directly from your smartphone
Explore more benefits of smart thermostats:
- Advanced insights: Get detailed reports that help you understand how your home is using energy, and identify opportunities for savings
- Personalized control: Set your own daily schedule and make adjustments right from your smartphone instead of relying on manual settings
- Compatibility with other technology: Connect your thermostat to other home technology, like smart speakers or humidifiers, to better control the comfort of your home